Perlane® in Orlando: Relax Deep-Seated Facial Wrinkles
Perlane is a thicker version of Restylane®, and is used to correct deeper facial wrinkles. Perlane gel particles are larger and designed for use in deeper injection techniques. It also may last slightly longer than Restylene.
What Are Restylane and Perlane?
They are hyaluronic acid based injectable dermal (skin) fillers that replace lost volume and restores youthful contours, smoothing out moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. The hyaluronic acid in both products is made by the same biotechnical process. The gel particle size in Perlane is larger, therefore appropriate for deeper injection techniques. Your experienced injector will determine which product best addresses your needs.
How Long Do Restylane and Perlane Last?
Recent studies have demonstrated that Restylane lasts approximately 12 months, and Perlane is similar. In order to maintain your desired correction, we recommend periodic injections to prevent the product from dissipating entirely. Your esthetician will explain what to look for and when to return.
Avoid the use of any medications, including over-the-counter remedies or supplements that contribute to thinning of the blood preferably 2 weeks prior to your procedure. Examples of these products are aspirin, NSAID’s (ibuprofen, Naprosyn, etc), Vitamin E, St. John’s Wort, Bilberry, Don Quai, Feverfew, Fish Oil, Garlic, Ginger, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng and Red Clover. If you have any questions, please contact the office for clarification or consult with your pharmacist.
- Ice packs or cold compresses may be recommended to minimize the potential for swelling.
- Avoid touching the area and cleanse gently without manipulating the skin in the area of injection.
- Avoid direct sun exposure, wearing a minimum of SPF 30 with zinc oxide when leaving the house.
- If you are prone to cold sores alert your injector to discuss your options to minimize the chance of an outbreak.
- Contact our office with any questions or concerns.
Consult with our Cosmetic Specialist
In the United States, among the 14.2 million cosmetic minimally-invasive procedures performed in 2015, the top 5 were:
- Botulinum Toxin Type A (BOTOX®)—6.7 million procedures
- Soft Tissue Fillers— 2.4 million procedures
- Chemical Peel—1.3 million procedures
- Laser Hair Removal—1.1 million procedures
- Microdermabrasion— 800,340 procedures