Brachioplasty in Orlando: Get Your Arms in Athletic Shape
An arm lift (brachioplasty) reduces or eliminates excess skin and fat from your upper arms. This procedure is popular with patients who have undergone major weight loss and now have loose skin hanging off their upper arms. It is also a favorite with women who simply want a tighter look on their arms. This procedure leaves you with more toned, tight arms that look better in all your outfits.
The procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia:
- In order to remove the unwanted skin, an incision that runs from near the elbow into the armpit is required
- The incision is placed in the most inconspicuous location, generally the inner arm toward the back, but some scarring will always be visible
What to Expect After Your Brachioplasty
- After surgery, your upper arms are either wrapped or placed in an elastic sleeve to reduce swelling.
- You will probably go home with drains that will be removed in the office in one to two weeks.
- Initial healing usually occurs in 10 to 14 days.
- Sutures are usually removed within the first two or three weeks.
- Swelling and bruising gradually disappear over the next three to four weeks. All swelling is gone in three to six months.
- The scars fade in six to 24 months, depending on your skin.
Questions? Ask Your Patient Coordinator
Did You Know CoolSculpting Can Be Used on Your Arms?
If you’re seeking a nonsurgical alternative to an arm lift, CoolSculpting Orlando might be the right procedure for you. A highly effective solution to reduce arm fat without needles or surgical incisions, CoolSculpting is the perfect option for achieving sculpted, lean arms without the risk of scarring or a lengthy downtime.