Over the last three to five years, there has been a huge boom in men’s aesthetic surgery. There is a big misconception out there that most plastic surgery patients are women. At Dr. Rotatori’s practice, we have also seen a huge increase in men requesting plastic surgery.
National trends agree. According to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), the number of cosmetic surgery procedures for men has increased by more than 106% between 1997 and 2012.
Why More Men Are Getting Plastic Surgery Today
At Dr. Rotatori’s practice we are seeing more men who want plastic surgery for two reasons:
- To look good.
- To stay competitive in the job market.
Men will seek out plastic surgery as a key tool to help them succeed. In a job market where looking fit, younger and more masculine is imperative, the better you look, the better your chances are of ascending the corporate ladder.
Common Plastic Surgery Procedures for Men at Dr. Rotatori’s Practice
Currently our most common plastic surgery procedures for men are:
- Neck lifts: Neck lift surgery gets rid of any loose skin or fat in the chin, so that it helps the jaw stand out and gets rid of any “jowls.”
- Lower and upper eye lifts: An upper and lower eyelift will get rid of any puffiness or drooping skin around the eyes so that they look more awake and less tired.
- Liposuction: Liposuction typically takes away fat from the abdominal area so as to better show off muscles and abs.
- Gynecomastia surgery, or male breast reduction: This is typically a surgical correction of over-developed or enlarged breasts in men.
- Tummy tucks: Tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty surgery will result in a flatter, firmer abdominal contour.
While abdominoplasty and gynecomastia surgeries are performed under general anesthesia, facial surgeries are performed in our office at a much more affordable cost. Many of our facial surgeries, such as the mini-face lift, also have minimal down time.
If you’re considering one of these cosmetic surgery procedures for men, don’t wait. To learn more about our unique approach to cosmetic surgery click here. Or schedule a free consultation and meet with Dr. Rotatori in person. We’ll help you discover your best self.