An Orlando body lift can be used to treat excess skin, cellulite and sagging fatty tissue. Many people who have achieved significant weight loss (100 pounds or more) due to bariatric surgery (such as gastric bypass or Lap-Band) or through diet and exercise are often left with large amounts of heavy, loose folds of skin around the abdomen, arms, thighs, breasts, buttocks and face.
Skin can sag and lose elasticity as a result of being stretched for a long period of time, and often fails to shrink back to its former size and shape. In addition, excess skin can limit mobility and result in rashes and other sores that may lead to infection.
Am I a Candidate For Body Lift Surgery?
Before deciding to undergo body lift surgery in Orlando, your weight must be relatively stable for at least a year. Women considering future pregnancies should postpone an abdominal body lift since pregnancy may reduce the procedure’s overall results.
Good candidates for body lift surgery include:
- Individuals with significant soft tissue looseness in multiple body areas
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what body lift surgery can achieve
- Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle, including proper nutrition and exercise.
How Do I Prepare For an Orlando Body Lift?
Preparing for your body lift with Dr. Scott Rotatori, will include discussing a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle.
To ensure the best results from your body lift procedure, be prepared to discuss:
- Why you want the procedure, your expectations and desired outcome
- The different body lift options available
- Your medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Your use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
Dr. Rotatori may also:
- Evaluate your general health and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine and measure your body, including noting detailed measurements and taking photos for your medical record
- Discuss your body lift procedure options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely expected outcomes of body lift surgery and risks or potential complications.
Want to know more about Orlando body lifts? Check out our amazing before and after photos or schedule a body lift consultation today to learn more about our unique approach to cosmetic surgery.