Fortunately, plastic surgery offers a highly effective solution in the form of body lift surgery. Depending on the location of the surplus skin, patients may choose to undergo either an upper, mid, or lower body lift. A body lift surgeon can help determine the right type of body lift surgery for those looking to make a drastic change.
Understanding Body Lift Surgery
Body lift surgery is an extremely effective plastic surgery procedure for patients with excess skin, fat, and other tissues that linger after substantial weight loss. For patients with significant amounts of excess skin throughout the midsection, lower body, and extremities, a combination of techniques called full or total body lift may be the best option.
As is the case with most other plastic surgery procedures, body lift surgery is highly customizable to the unique needs and goals of the individual patient. If you believe that body lift surgery might be right for you, it is important that you entrust your procedure to a skilled, experienced board certified plastic surgeon with a history of producing outstanding results for patients with similar cases.
The Life-Changing Benefits of Body Lift Surgery
Body lift surgery provides many medical and cosmetic benefits to patients. These include:
- Ability to wear a wider variety of clothing. Patients who have worked hard to lose significant weight typically want to show off their success with new clothes, but dealing with loose folds of skin can severely restrict your clothing options. Body lift surgery can allow you to finally wear that beautiful dress or pair of skinny jeans you have worked hard to fit into.
- More comfortable daily activity and exercise. Sagging skin can weigh you down and cause rashes or even infection, making daily life more difficult. In addition, it can prevent you from exercising properly to become even more fit and healthy. Removing your excess skin, fat, and tissue can allow you to move more freely.
- A younger, trimmer appearance. The body contouring procedures involved in a body lift can both repair the effects of significant weight loss and positively improve your shape, allowing you to better display the muscle tone you’ve built.
- Completing multiple cosmetic procedures at once. A body lift is a comprehensive, personalized treatment. A body lift surgeon performs procedures on multiple areas of your body at once saving you time, money, and discomfort. In addition, your body lift surgery may be a good time to undergo any other cosmetic treatments you’ve always wanted, such as a facelift or breast augmentation.
- Improved personal hygiene. Sagging skin in your midsection, chest, back, thighs, hips, legs, and arms can make keeping your body clean much more difficult, so removing the excess tissue with a body lift surgery allows you to take care of your hygiene properly, reducing your risk for irritation and infection. This can also improve your confidence and comfort.
- Additional weight loss. While body lift surgery is no substitute for proper diet and exercise, and often must be performed after you’ve reached a goal weight, eliminating extra skin, tissue, and fat can also provide additional weight loss.
Think you might be ready to change your life with a body lift surgery? Find the right type of surgery for your body type here or schedule a body lift consultation with Dr. Rotatori today to discuss the distinctive benefits of body lift surgery.