Choosing a plastic surgeon is not only a personal decision; it can also determine the success of your surgery.
As an experienced Winter Park plastic surgeon, I have seen firsthand the difference it can make to choose a surgeon wisely. Here is my list of do’s and don’ts in the search for the right plastic surgeon:
- Do start looking online at plastic surgeons in your area. One of the first pages you should visit is the surgeon’s qualifications.
- Do make sure the doctor is board certified in plastic surgery and determine if he or she specializes in general procedures. Most plastic surgeons will offer a one-on-one consultation for women and men to come in and discuss their surgical options. This is a great way to get an overall feel for a practice and a doctor’s ability to understand your needs.
- Do plan to meet with at least three different surgeons to see which one you feel most comfortable with.
- Don’t forget to ask for a reference from any friends or family members that have had plastic surgery procedures if you liked their results.
- Don’t come to a plastic surgeon’s office unprepared. The internet is a great resource for gaining a general understanding of various procedures.
- Don’t forget to generate a list of questions to ask doctors about their experience, areas of specialization and qualifications.
You should always feel that you can trust your doctor to achieve your cosmetic goals. Use this list of do’s and don’ts to ensure you select the right plastic surgeon and get the best results possible.